Re: Why Zsh doesn't warn me again?

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> As far as I can tell, that isn't specifically documented anywhere, it's
> just the behavior that was considered most logical.

    And that's (almost) true. A bit unexpected, maybe.

> The second problem is that typing the EOF character (ctrl-D) is not the
> same as using `exit'.

    OK, I was supposing that the code that interpreted EOF wasn't at
the same level than the code that interpreted exit or logout, but I
wasn't sure...

> It takes at least _two_ commands after an attempt
> to exit before zsh will warn you again on an EOF.

    OK. I was testing with just one command O:)

> This happens because EOF is interpreted earlier in the command loop,
> so zsh fails to properly decrement the attempted-to-exit counter (a
> global called "stopmsg" if you look at the C source).  I'd say this
> is a bug.

    If EOF is intended as a synonim for 'exit', yes, it's a bug.
Otherwise...

> } How can I change this (without IGNORE_EOF'ing) so Zsh act like the
> } doc says?
> Use the "stty" command to set the EOF character to something other
> than ctrl-D, and then bind ^D to a function similar to this one:
[...]

    Nice, thanks, but I think I must get used to use 'exit' or
'logout' instead of EOF... It's a bad habit anyway, because sometimes
I've exited a terminal accidentally with backgrounded jobs because
I've hitted ^D twice due to a bad finger movement (a trembling
finger...). Using a command to exit is less error-prone.

> (Remember to change the eof character before you freeze the tty, if you
> happen to be using ttyctl.)

    Thanks :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--