Re: Possible bug in zsh

In message <20040101233856.GA13263@xxxxxxxxx>
on Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 03:38:56PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 01:21:22AM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> > false; if eval ''; then echo one; fi    [...fails...]
> > true; if eval ''; then echo two; fi     [...succeeds...]
>
> I'm hoping that someone more familiar with the exec internals will jump
> in here, but in the meantime, here's the change I made back on Monday to
> fix this bug:

Is it really a bug? Doesn't ksh offer this as the preferred behaviour by
default in the absence of the 'posix' option? But it seems like an
oversight that zsh doesn't give you the ability to have the POSIX
behaviour. Perhaps this is one of the featurebugs that makes zsh
unsuitable as /bin/sh. Some zsh scripts might depend on zsh's current
behaviour.