Re: (Newbie) perldoc ESC display trouble

[On 05 Jan, @15:52, Richard wrote in "(Newbie) perldoc ESC display t ..."]
> Hi,
>
> I've recently switched to zsh on cygwin. I get display trouble in the form of expanded escape characters, ie ESC[1m Some Text [0m, when using perldoc.
>
> For example:
>
> > perldoc Getopt::Long
> Getopt::Long(3)       User Contributed Perl Documentation      Getopt::Long(3)
>

> ESC[1mNAMEESC[0m
>        Getopt::Long - Extended processing of command line options
>
> ESC[1mSYNOPSISESC[0m
>

> The escaped sections should be dispalyed as bold.
>
> Any suggestions, pointers to documentation, etc, very welcome,

maybe you should check the value of the TERM variable? Don't know if
cygwin uses that though. Maybe the current TERM cannot handle the
escape sequences?

I had the same problem (with bash on Linux), I gave up and now i'm
just exporting PERLDOC=-t with which everything is just in plain text,

regards,
Miek