Re: zsh 4.1.1 make check errors on OS X 10.3 [was: 10.2]

On 1 Jan, James Devenish wrote:

> The remainder of the errors appear to be related to the "failed to load
> module: zsh/zpty" problem. I don't appear to have any such problem under
> 10.3.1.

Have you got the dlcompat library installed? If you look at
Etc/MACHINES it mentions that it is needed.

Is dlcompat still needed under 10.3.1? i.e. have you just got dlcompat
there as part of something like fink or has Apple added native support
for dlopen etc?

> PS. I get a lot of warnings about "implicit declaration of function
> 'ioctl'" (because sys/ioctl.h is not included) but of course there is no
> problem when linking. Also, I note that object files have names like
> blah..o instead of blah.o (not that it matters).

I think that ..o is intentional somewhere for some reason.

Your suggested change for the test's help info sounds sensible.

Oliver