Adding new completions to zsh

Hello,

I've written completion functions for the 'mktap' and 'twistd' command of the Twisted project, http://twistedmatrix.com and I would like advice on getting this functionality included in zsh.

The problem I'm facing is keeping the completions in zsh up-to-date. Twisted development happens at a fairly rapid pace and while command options aren't changing every day, in my judgement it would be annoying for our users (many of whom use zsh already) to be stuck with the static set of completion functionality bundled in any given zsh release.

My idea for allowing greater flexibility is to bundle the actual zsh completion functionality as part of the Twisted distribution and give zsh a "stub" that will use the completion functions that are bundled with Twisted.

Has anyone ever done this before? What do you all think?

	-Eric

P.S. maybey this should this be on zsh-dev, but I assume everyone reads zsh-users.