Re: Case insensitive completion on ancient zsh versions?

Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> I've got a login on various systems which have zsh version 3.1 (!)
> installed on them.  To add to the joy, they just have the binary, and
> no documentation.

You'll need to be more precise about the zsh version than that: there's
a huge difference between 3.1.1 and 3.1.9.

Is it using the new function based completion or compctl.
With compctl, you might be able to do this (I think):
  compctl -T -M 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}'

For new completion it is difficult to know because it could be compconfig
or zstyle and the style changed a few times. 3.1 was a development series.
Try this (which is right for 4.x):
  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}'

If you've got anything older than about 3.1.5 then I don't think it is
possible.

Oliver