Re: completion not inserting matches

On Apr 18,  4:17pm, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
}
} | root@wolfbrand# cd r3<TAB>
} | root@wolfbrand# cd linux-2.4.2---sr3
} |                                ^ Cursor jumps to this point
} | local directory
} | linux-2.4.20-wolk4.11s-r3/  linux-2.4.25_pre7-gss-r3/

At this point things are a little messed up.  Note that there isn't any
matching file that actually has three hyphens; those are standing in for
"-.-" in the first match and "_--" in the second match.  Also, the right
completion would be "linux-2.4.2--s-r3", so I'm not sure how the final
hyphen and the "s" are becoming transposed.

} | root@wolfbrand# cd linux-2.4.2--<TAB>-sr3

That doesn't match where you said the cursor was.  Did you move the
cursor to the right before pressing TAB, or should that have said

    root@wolfbrand# cd linux-2.4.2-<TAB>--sr3

??

If I understand correctly, you were expecting this to take you into menu
completion cycling between the two previous matches.  I confess I don't
know why it does not, except that it may be related to the transposed "s".

} These are my completion settings: [1] and [2].

It'd be a little easier to work with these if they didn't have the ascii
art border.  As it is it's not possible to cut'n'paste them into a shell
to duplicate your setup.

I do notice that you're not using the _oldlist completer.  You might try
adding that to the front of your list of completers and see if it helps.