Re: Problem with Named Dirs & GNU Screen

On Jun 5, 2004, at 3:42 PM, Aaron Davies wrote:

On Saturday, June 5, 2004, at 03:39 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Jun 05), Aaron Davies said:

I've been trying to figure out the named dirs issue I wrote about
several weeks ago, but I'm still having problems. The situation is
this: I would like to create a named dir "palmfiles" expanding to
"~/Documents/Palm/Users/Aaron Davies/Files to Install". To this end, I
have in my .zprofile the following line:

export palmfiles=~/Documents/Palm/Users/Aaron\ Davies/Files\ to\ Install

and in my .zshrc:

setopt AUTO_NAME_DIRS

Try putting that setopt in .zprofile, _above_ your variable definition,
or move the variable definition into .zshrc.  The execution order of
startup scripts is:

.zshenv .zprofile .zshrc .zlogin

I moved the variable definition into zshrc, which did it. I could have sworn I'd tried that before . . . . Thanks!

BTW, I also tried putting them both in zprofile, which didn't work from within screen. It looks like it's not called again when zsh is started by screen--I guess it must be started as a non-login shell?
--
Aaron Davies
agdavi01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx