Re: Named directories expansion

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, DervishD wrote:

>     list=(**/*~(/explicit/path|~X))
>
>     Will the named dir be expanded inside the expression?

No.

> In the manual I've read that each word is checked to see if it starts
> with an unquoted '~', is that quoted inside a (...) expression?

It's not quoted, but it's also not the start of a word.  "Word" here has
the very specific meaning of a shell-parser syntactic word, which means
that a word "starts" only immediately after an unquoted $IFS character, or
(as a special case) after a colon found to the right of the equal sign in
certain assignment expressions.