Re: *(@)/subdir expansion

Thomas Köhler wrote:

Andy Isaacson wrote:

I'm suprised to find that this expansion doesn't work for me:

% ls *(@)/dry
zsh: no matches found: *(@)/dry

Am I doing something wrong, is this expected behavior, or is it a bug?

You might want to try something like

for i in *(@) ; do ls $i/dry 2>/dev/null ; done

Really, the correct general solution to this is to fall back on the tool that zsh's extended glob attempts to make obsolete: GNU find. Despite its arcane and annoying syntax, it's still occasionally useful. In this case, you want to say

find *(@) -name dry -exec ls '{}' ';'
--