Suppressing "no matches found" Glob Message?

Is there an easy way to temporarily turn off the "no matches found" message that a failed glob returns? I'm looking mainly for something simple enough to use in an alias--I have an alias called "lspf" which is defined as "ls **/*(.)", but I'd like to make it return something custom if no such files exist. Redirecting stderr doesn't help, because (I assume) the message is generated by zsh, not ls.
--