Re: zshzle: aborting history search

--- Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I reread that... the internal function doisearch() is crying out to
> use a special keymap and a recursive edit.

I find I use incremental search alot, so I would applaud a rewrite of the
incremental search code.  Especially if it made that code more scriptable from
zle.  There are quite a few features that might be useful to add (e.g. history
of past searches, show multiple matching history lines, color matching portion
in current line, grab word of current match, correct characters that cause the
search to fail, etc.)

-FR.

P.S. Hope my message doesn't end up in spam jail again.  It took a week for my
last message to make it to the list.