Teaching zsh about a term variable?

I recently built and installed zsh-4.2.0 on a Solaris 9 machine.

However, once I chsh'd my shell to zsh, it does this on login:

/home/mac/.zshrc:21: can't find terminal definition for xterm-color
0m?

(where '0m?' is the prompt).

Setting TERM to xterm (mostly) fixes it, but there are some things that
need xterm-color.

Interestingly enough, if I exec() zsh from a standard tcsh session,
xterm-color works just fine, so I know a working def exists; zsh just
don't know where to find it.

So, does anybody know where in the myriad config files I should say
"hey, zsh, look here for more terminal definitons" and what the syntax
of that would be?

Thanks!

    --Mac
--
Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac@xxxxxxxxxx
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129