Re: syncing .zsh* files

Timothy Luoma <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm interested in keeping my .zsh(rc|env) files synced across 3 different
> machines.
>
> Anyone have any good techniques for doing so, especially when there are
> some things ($PATH) which are different on each machine?

FWIW I've found it works well to split things into core settings, the same
across all architectures, and then separate files that hold the
modifications to the baseline settings.

My .zshenv file, then, has something like:

export MARCH=`/bin/uname | /usr/bin/tr A-Z a-z | /bin/sed 's/64//g'`

if [[ -a ~/.zshenv.$MARCH ]] then
    source ~/.zshenv.$MARCH
fi

And then I have a .zshenv.linux, .zshenv.osx, .zshenv.irix, etc.
(Similarly for .zshenv, etc.)

-matt
--
Matt Pharr    matt@xxxxxxxxx    <URL:http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mmp>
In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some