Re: how to execute zle widget during zsh-init?

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Andy Spiegl wrote:

> but zle-line-init() is called every time zle starts, i.e. before a prompt
> is shown.  Isn't that overkill? :-)

That's why I put "zle -D zle-line-init" in there.  The widget executes
once (the first time zle initializes) and then ceases to be a widget, so
it never executes again.

> Besides that doubt I can't get it to work.  I put the function
> zle-line-init into my .zshrc, but where do I put the definition of the
> function grow-killring?

I presumed you had that somewhere already, because of the implementation
you had included.  I didn't know what you called it so I made up a name.
I supposed e.g. that you had pasted in the content of an autoload file.

The full solution (with apologies to others that this repeats most of my

    grow-killring() {
        setopt localoptions noksharrays
        : ${killring[${NUMERIC:-30}]:=''}
    }