Re: Using zle outside zsh

    Hi Bart :)
 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> >     The scenario: we have a nice program we use a lot, and it's very
> > well coded, indeed. It is interactive, and takes its input from stdin
> > and outputs to stdout/stderr, but it lacks command line editing.
> >     What I'm thinking is: will it be difficult to use zsh as the
> > command line interpreter?
> This is actually relatively easy to do.  For a working example, see
> Functions/Misc/nslookup in the zsh distribution.

    That's one of the many ideas I had, using pty, but I forgot about
'vared', which does exactly what I want... Thanks a lot for your
answer, Bart :) The number of beers (sorry, soft drinks) I owe you is
far beyond the cost of my mortgage ;)) I'm very grateful with you as
always, Bart, I really mean it.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736