Two simple questions

Hi, I'd like to ask two questions that should be easy
to answer although with google I could not find
anything.

0) I'm seeing dirs like /bin /bin/ and even /bin// in
my PATH. What would be the best way to clean up the
trailing slashes? "typeset -U path" won't clean up
paths if they have different number of trailing
slashes (I mean all those mentioned paths are left but
other instances of, e.g., /bin are of course cleaned).

1) I use cygwin+zsh and it works great. I have in my
windows explorer "Command prompt here" option that
starts cmd.exe in the selected directory (with
"cmd.exe /k 'cd %1'" or something). How could I define
a command in command line that gets executed after all
zsh configuration files? zsh && cd /some/path of
course doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.