Re: Does zsh have a hereis to variable???

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:23:24 +0100,  wrote:

>zzapper wrote:
>> Hi
>> I would like to load  a longish Perl Script into a variable without having to
>>  worry about what
>> quotes might appear in the script, I know zsh has hereis to a file, but to a
>> variable ???
>
>I think you want
>
>var="$(<file)"
>
>which puts the contents of file into the variable var without any
>substitutions or splitting or joining on the contents.

Peter,
In this this I want the perl to be inline and not in an external file (for portability)
zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s%s*%CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne%|:%s)[R-T]) )Ig|:norm G1VGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips