Re: vi =myscript_somewhere can I specify which editor used?

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:42:40 +0200,  wrote:

>   gvim =myscript_somewhere
>Is that too easy or do I misunderstand your question?
>
>Ciao,
>Thomas
Blush, yes I remember now the real problem is that gvim being a win32 program doesn't understand the
Cygwin / root, thus I have to use Cygwin's non-gui vim

What I can use instead is (learnt here) and had forgot i had

function vcd {cd =$1(:h);gvim $1 &}

> vcd some_script_somewhere_in_my_paths

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s%s*%CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne%|:%s)[R-T]) )Ig|:norm G1VGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips