Re: IPC (or how to "bounce" a running zsh?)

   From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:01:01 +0100

   > Is there any mechanism for interprocess communication in which at
   > least one of the processes is a running zsh?

   You can use a signal and trap it from the running zsh:
     trap "source ~/.zshrc" USR1

   Then just send the running zsh the USR1 signal. (kill -USR1).

   In effect, signals are a simple form of communication. They are just
   somewhat limited because you can't attach data when sending a signal.

For my immediate purposes that'd be good enough, actually.  Thanks.

On a related note, does anyone know where I can find a listing of the
default actions zsh performs in response to the various kill signals?
I hoped to find this info in zshall, but no dice.

kj