Re: The old backspace/delete problem

I have ttyctl -f, not because I'm terribly clever, but because it came from a sample somewhere in a zsh distribution.

I do see that stty may not be the best solution in some cases, e.g., remote logins may need  ^?, while local logins may need ^h, or v.v.  To me it is better to detect the source and use stty.  The function solution to me is a bit too brittle.  You can make a reasonable argument for either solution.

Peter Stephenson wrote:
Bart Schaefer wrote:

That's a pretty cute trick, Peter.  I think it still runs into problems
with "ttyctl -f", though?

Yes, you'd need to unfreeze it before the stty to be sure.  I suspect
most users haven't got the tty frozen.

pws

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com