Re: History corruption (over NFS)

On Feb 10,  5:54pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} I've noticed history corruption (several times) when using screen,
} with the following .screenrc file: the end of the .zhistory file
} gets many null characters. I thought that zsh was using a lock
} mechanism.

My experience has been that this sort of thing occurs when a file is
shortened with e.g. ftruncate(), and is a problem with NFS and not
with whether a locking mechanism is in use.

One thing to check is whether the file on the NFS server actually does
contain those nul bytes, or if it's only the NFS client that sees them.
I vaguely recall that you may need to explicitly specify "noac" in the
NFS mount options, but it's been quite some time since I encountered
this particular problem.