Re: Airthmetic confusion...

On 5/16/05, Dan Nelson <dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's because within an arithmentic context, 0 is false and 1 is true,

Ok so you're saying that since 0 is false in the arithmetic context,
it gets translated by the shell to be 1, because 1 is false in the
shell context? That makes sense... but it does make things very
confusing ;) True translates to true, and false translates to false,
which is totally sound and logical... but the fact that 1 is true in
one context and false in another makes it seem that true is translated
into false *sigh*. I had to read this email 10 times before I sent it
to make sure I even typed what I meant ;)

Mike