Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Help with completion of option arguments
- X-seq: zsh-users 9068
- From: Travis Spencer <travislspencer@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Help with completion of option arguments
- Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 01:42:07 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=PHValmsf1CRP2nMIfDgNIIgcS+Aeib95YCt16qtmrQXT3RX10x67W3erIz32TYTBSNvLX8UkXCoZTnXriJ8uOJEKKs3FBj9itEEbx0zxx8XuXTFpE7GUsjKri53SUjagXSvHbn/QGuCSLcbS234ayYX90PDiv1+3zKfhgdaBYwI=
- In-reply-to: <1050709070248.ZM17162@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <e3b7bac0507080006434477d5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1050709070248.ZM17162@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: Travis Spencer <travislspencer@xxxxxxxxx>
On 7/9/05, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I mention this to point out that it's almost always better to show the
> real example you're working with, rather than attempt to make up an
> equivalent one. The exception would be when you're showing a minimal
> test case for a bug, but then you should have tried the example to be
> sure it demonstrates what you intend it to.
OK. I'll do that next time for sure. Sorry about the confusion. The
completion, which is my first, is at
http://www.travisspencer.com/scripts/_snot.txt. I'm kinda pleased
with the way it turned out. Thanks for all the help with it, Bart!
> By the way, does your call to _arguments use the ->state mechanism at
> any point? If not, you don't need the -C in there.
Ya, I am using the state mechanism.
> However, the literal answer to your question ...
> } Is there some way to get _arguments to output the messages `test
> } sub-message' and `suppress interactive query (for use in crontab)'
> } when `-A' or `-B' have been input rather than completing them
> } directly?
> ... is, insert an empty string element into the double-parens like this:
> _arguments : \
> "-A-[this is a test]:test:(('' a\:'test sub-message'))" \
> "-B-[notify (e-mail) admins]:notify:((''
> b\:'suppress interactive query (for use in crontab)'))"
Wow. Tricky. I would never have figured that out on my own.
Portland, OR USA
Messages sorted by: