Re: LC_ALL=C foo, where foo is a shell function

On Jul 10,  2:04am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: Re: LC_ALL=C foo, where foo is a shell function
}
} On 2005-07-09 20:44:33 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > Doesn't happen to me:
} [snip]
}
} Well, I don't know what happens, this is really strange.
}
} 4.2.5 from Debian (Debian package zsh 4.2.5-7).

Ah.  I tried it with the latest -dev version, compiled out of my CVS
sandbox.

If I try with 4.2.5, I get the same results as you.

I just noticed that, even in the latest build, if LC_ALL starts out set
(even to nothing), but not exported, then when "LC_ALL=C foo" is run
LC_ALL becomes and remains exported, even though its value gets reset
to the previous state.

I don't know what differs between 4.2.5 and the latest CVS that would
affect this.