Re: Sorting files

From: Christian Schneider <strcat@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sorting files
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:14:42 +0200

Hi,

> * Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@xxxxxx> typed:
> [...]
> >  Is there a way to get one big listing starting with the smallest file
> >  of all files found (including those in the subdirectories) and ending
> >  with the largest one? ...without the conventional way of slowly
> >  smokeing a sort-pipe ?
>
> $ ls -fl ./**/*(OL)

  ...this does not work for me...sorry... :)

> or
> $ zmodload zsh/stat
> $ ls -fld ./**/*(d`stat +device .`OL)

  This does...but, hmmmmm....I again need an "additional" tool
  (zsh/stat). Is the filesize something, which cannot be determined by
  the Shell alone ?

  Why does it seems, that any combination or contruction with oL,. and
  () does not work (until now)   ?

  keep zshing!
  Meino