Re: Sorting files

From: DervishD <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sorting files
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:52:43 +0200

Hi Raúl !   :)

 (sorry, if your name comes out somehow -- hrmm -- "encrypted"...
 my Emacs seems to handle everything other than plain ascii a little
 weird... ;)

 Hmmm...interesting.. as soon as you mailed me that it works for you
 my zsh seems to be that impressed, that s/he decided also to work
 correctly....mysterious ! ;O)

 More seriously... I dont know what's happening here. May be I
 mispelled an option or forget a "-" somewhere...

 More important: It WORKS ! :)   (even for me! ;)

 Another question in this context:
 To check the options, I had to construct this one:

    for i in  **/*(.oL)
    do
		ls -ld $i
    done | less

 Is there any other more shorter way to achieve the same results with
 less code -- especially without calling any other "tool" like
 zsh/stat or xargs or such ? But I insist on getting filenames AND
 sizes ! ;O) Not only the filename should be shown!

 Ok, now this is more like a "coding contest" for me than a practical
 excurse....but I like to tune things :O))

 Have a nice weekend !
 Meino