previous cmd in RPS1

hello all,

I have my prompt setup in such a way that it will print my previous
cmd in green (when the exitcode was 0) or red (exitcode != 0) on the
right side of my screen. This works really well, expect in some cases.

It seems that sometimes this setup fails, for instance when my
previous cmd had a % in it, this gets re-evaluated and results in
a weird looking prompt. Also when I try to type in a for-loop and I
make a typo which causes the loop to hang, my prompt also hangs.

It there any way to make zsh /not/ to parse my previous cmd but
just show it as is?

Below are the relevant piecies of my prompt setup:

RPSL=$'%{\e[0m%}%{\e[$C;31m%}%(0?.%{\e[$C;32m%}.(%?%)) '
RPSR=$'%{\e[0m%}'

((MAXMID=$COLUMNS / 2)) # truncate to this value
RPSMID=$history[$[${(%):-%h}-1]]
RPS1="$RPSL%$MAXMID<... <$RPSMID$RPSR"

Thanks for any help,

--
grtz,
  - Miek

http://www.miek.nl                      http://www.nlnetlabs.nl
PGP Key ID: 0xB18453A1
fingerprint: 002B B079 0DDA 7D44 2B5C  CAB0 C3B7 F943 B184 53A1