Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Looks like "zpty -r" is adding 0x0d characters...
- X-seq: zsh-users 9510
- From: DervishD <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Looks like "zpty -r" is adding 0x0d characters...
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:19:21 +0200
- Cc: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <1051018153341.ZM31654@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: DervishD
- References: <20051017211318.GA576@DervishD> <1051018022949.ZM30950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20051018084545.GF620@DervishD> <1051018153341.ZM31654@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Bart :)
* Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> } and things like onlcr were deactivated (any translation, for that
> } matter) since the pty is treated like a file more than like a tty.
> But the whole point is that it's NOT treated like a file, especially
> by the process running on the "slave" side.
But it's treated like a file on the master side (well, sort of),
especially with "zpty", that's why I didn't even think about
> } That's a bit difficult, because the command I'm running doesn't
> } deal with the tty in any way, it just prints output (but for some
> } errors it goes interactive, that's why I need zpty in my wrapper).
> Remember that the command passed to zpty is run as if with eval, and
> zsh already has a mechanism for controlling the stty settings of an
> individual command.
> zpty cdda2wav STTY=-onlcr cdda2wav -v toc,sectors -J -H
I forgot about STTY parameter, sorry O:) And I didn't noticed, in
the zpty info page, that the parameters were run as in an eval
command, sorry again O:)
Thanks for the help, Bart. You're really great :) If you keep on
answering my questions I won't owe you a few be^H^Hlight drinks, but
a house XD
Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Linux Registered User 88736 | http://www.dervishd.net
http://www.pleyades.net & http://www.gotesdelluna.net
It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...
Messages sorted by: