Re: Improved apt/dpkg completion and completion hacking questions

> without descriptions without awk.  So, let's say we make the old
> code the default behaviour and have the description-generating awk
> version available via customization.  How would you implement such
> customizability?

You could use 'zstyle'.  Another thing you might consider is
filing a wishlist bug on apt to add an option to spew out
the short description after each package name when doing
'apt-cache --generate pkgnames'.

Have you done any speed tests?