Re: zsh completion help sought

On 2005-11-30 at 14:10 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> You do know about the non-completion binding ESC-.

No, I did not.  Given that I'd need to train my fingers into something
else anyway for the $a approach and ESC-. works in all cases, I think
that I'll focus on retraining myself to use the ESC-. binding.  Thanks.

> I'm not sure I follow all of that, but the key step in getting expansion to
> insert all expansions is:

You followed it fine, since:

> zstyle ':completion:*:expand:*' tag-order all-expansions

is perfect.  Thank you.

Which bit of the manual do I need to be focusing on to understand the
binding of the components of zstyle's pattern parameter, please?
zshmodules/style doesn't cover them (but does introduce the
terminology); zshcompsys doesn't seem to cover this, but does describe
what can be bound to the context; I can't find a reference.

Given the generally excellent level of zsh's documentation, I suspect
that the problem is that I'm being a doofus.

Thanks,
-Phil