Re: Adding nocorrect to a preexec function

On Jan 18, 12:11am, Eric Smith wrote:
}
} I use the following function (which is probably more complex that
} required)

Having stared at this for a few minutes without figuring out what the
heck it's supposed to do, I can't say whether it's more complex than
required or not.  Have you noticed what happens when you type a command
with any of the separators ; & | && || in it?  Not to mention things
like loop constructs.

What is "cost"?

} and wish to add nocorrect to it.

I understand all those words, but they convey to me nothing about the
desired final result ...

However, at a guess, your problem is that correction takes place before
preexec is ever called, so nothing you can do inside it will help.