Unwanted in-word completion

Say that there is no directory with "Y" as a prefix in /usr/lib,
yet that I type

$ cd /usr/lib/Y

and then <tab> to complete.  As I am on a Gentoo AMD64
system, I get the following completions:

/usr/lib/Y      /usr/lib32/Y    /usr/lib64/Y    /usr/libexec/Y

None of those actually work better than that I had, but
I see the point of doing it this way.  Still, that's not what I want.
So I was wondering if there was a way of disabling this
behavior.

Thanks.

  nikolai