Re: fastest way to bring up a shell function for editing?

On  Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:36:37AM -0500, Jean-Rene David wrote:
> Say I define a short function on the command line
> and then want to bring it up again for editing.
> What's the fastest way to do it?
>
> vared is neat. Is there a "funced" of some sort?

Try this:

% foo(){ echo "this is a function" }
% foo
this is a function
% vared foo()
function> echo "vared works... sort of"
% foo
vared works... sort of

If you hack something into zle to print the contents of the function
at the prompt...  maybe...

Sorry this reply wasn't a real answer to your question! :)

Mike