open file with tex extension

Hi,

I configured zsh using a couple of config files which I
found in the net, which works fine, but the drawback is that
I don't understand everything...
I like a lot the feature, that when using xpdf and acroread
the completion just displays pdf files.

A similar feature I could use in a directory with latex
files. Once you translated a latex file you have additional
files with the same name, but different extension.
Now, I look for a way to adjust the completion so that when
I type the name of the latex file zsh completes the
extension to '.tex' and does not give any other options
like:

  `--> vim sample.aux
  completing file
  sample.aux    sample.idx    sample.out    sample.rel    sample.tex\~
  sample.dvi    sample.log    sample.pdf    sample.tex

Is that somehow possible?

Greetings!
 Fabian