Re: problems with multibyte support in dev-4?

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 10:54:41PM +0900, Wataru Kagawa wrote:
> In dev-4, Japanese characters in tab completion lists are
> not displayed properly (I see a bunch of numbers).

Can you show us some of the output?  That should reveal what byte values
zsh is now escaping.  There was some code added in dev-4 that escapes
invalid characters (using a $'\123' idiom) earlier in the handling of
completed values, but that shouldn't affect any extra characters that
dev-3 wasn't already escaping in the display of the completion items.
Both algorithms are using the same validity check on the strings, the
only significant difference is that one works on on unmetafied strings
(the new one) and the other works on metafied strings (the old one).

..wayne..