swapping keys

» On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 01:17PM +0000, zzapper wrote:

> It's just that !-2 is a bit a pain to type (sorry)!

One possible solution is to switch keys like "`~" and "1!" (I have to
confess I have only swapped "`~").

Since I am at it... Is it possible to swap keys inside zsh?

I know I can use

% bindkey -s 1 !

but then I can't do the reverse ("bindkey -s ! 1").

I have swapped some keys but I did it globally (i.e. xmodmap), while
that is what I want for some keys (like ESC and CapsLock) I did rather
keep some key changes within the shell only.

Cheers!
Francisco