Re: installing zsh questions

1. To make help files for run-help I used:

% man -m /usr/local/man zshall | colcrt - | \
 perl ~/sys/zsh/zsh-4.3.1/Util/helpfiles

But this created files like:

On
By

This happens to me too on OS X and ubuntu (debian), so I think it is platform-independent. I too wouldn't mind getting rid of it, as occasionally you get a weird suprise.

2. There are executable scripts in Functions/Misc, however 'make
  install' is installing them as non-executable files. I used:

Functions in general aren't executable shell scripts (although they often can be used as such). Typically $fpath != $path.