Using custom completion...

Dominic Mitchell had set up a sample completion for psql:
http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2004/msg01006.html
[it's pretty obvious which bits are script, and which aren't]

I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to get it operating.

It appears as though an appropriate place to stow it on my system is thus:
/usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_psql

I'm not sure if I need to run anything extra to get it to be noticed;
it doesn't seem to be turning quite right, as I'm seeing ill output:
_arguments:comparguments:208: invalid argument:
cbbrowne@dba2:~>

I'd be more than happy to help contribute whatever assistance to
getting bits of it working that I can; I'm in a pretty "psql-happy"
environment, so improving globbing on this is no bad thing ;-).
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)