does zsh ignore the QUIT signal?

When I type "while true; do true; done" from an interactive zsh shell,
I can't interrupt it with SIGQUIT (either with Ctrl-\ or with the
"kill -QUIT <pid>" command): sending this signal has no effect. Is
this normal?

Searching for QUIT in the zsh man page, I just get:

SIGNALS
  The INT and QUIT signals for an invoked command are ignored if the com-
  mand  is  followed by `&' and the MONITOR option is not active.  Other-
  wise, signals have the values inherited by the shell  from  its  parent
  (but see the TRAPNAL special functions in the section `Functions').

whereas in the bash man page, this behavior is documented:

SIGNALS
  When bash is interactive, in the  absence  of  any  traps,  it  ignores
  SIGTERM (so that kill 0 does not kill an interactive shell), and SIGINT
  is caught and handled (so that the wait builtin is interruptible).   In
  all  cases,  bash  ignores  SIGQUIT.  If job control is in effect, bash
  ignores SIGTTIN, SIGTTOU, and SIGTSTP.