Re: searching upwards from cwd

On 19-Jun-06, at 6:11 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

On Jun 19, 10:15am, Dominik Vogt wrote:
}
} It would be very helpful to have an alternative syntax similar to
} '**/<filename>' and '=<filename>' that looks upwards in the path.

setopt extendeglob
less (../)#addresses.txt

How incredibly useful. zsh continues to astound me every time I read this list. Pretty much every time someone asks for something, the zsh devs have already implemented it. Any zsh devs reading this, thank you for making zsh the best shell around, bar none. Keep up the excellent work!

Sami