Re: ZIRC - The 100% Zsh IRC client - a few updates

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 02:10:55PM +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> I've recently stumbled upon an earlier post on this list by Andrew
> Ruder, and since I spend 90% of my time on the shell, I figured I'll
> give ZIRC a try: it works like a charm. And yes, before you ask, I'm
> weird/stupid/etc (appropriate word to be underlined) to use it as my
> main IRC client at work.

*hangs head in shame* It has been my full-time IRC client as well since
I announced it on the list.  Pathetic, I know, but it is pretty cool.
Anyway, if you don't mind (and I'm guessing you don't since you posted
your changes to a GPL program), I'll incorporate your changes into zIRC
and it is looking like I should probably put up some sort of repository
for the thing because I have been working on it quite a bit as well. :)

Ok, anonymous access (subversion):

svn co svn://svn.aeruder.net/svn/zirc/trunk

The most notable change I've finished is auto-quoting for zirc commands.
It is quite similar to how the url-magic-quote plugin works and makes
the thing a heck of a lot more usable, IMO.

For anyone else interested, I've setup a small website at

http://www.aeruder.net/software/ZIRC.html

where I'll eventually post the newer versions (what is there is what I
sent the mailing list still).

I'll get around to incorporating your changes whenever I can figure out
the diff since your editor totally destroyed all the whitespace
settings.

Have fun,
Andy

--