Command completion: avoiding completion on directories

When I'm starting to type a command and hit [Tab], zsh tries to
complete on directories in cdpath too. I thought that the following
would work:

zstyle ':completion:*:complete:-command-:*' tag-order 'commands builtins functions aliases suffix-aliases reserved-words jobs parameters' '*'

but zsh still tries to complete on directories when a command exists,
and I still get after typing the beginning of a command, then ^Xh:

tags in context :completion::complete:-command-::
    commands executables builtins functions aliases suffix-aliases reserved-words jobs parameters  (_alternative _command_names _autocd)
    jobs                                                                                           (_jobs _alternative _command_names _autocd)
    parameters                                                                                     (_parameters _alternative _command_names _autocd)
    path-directories named-directories                                                             (_alternative _cd _autocd)
    users named-directories directory-stack                                                        (_tilde _alternative _cd _autocd)
    users                                                                                          (_users _tilde _alternative _cd _autocd)

Why doesn't this work? What should I do?