Re: Feature-request

On 8/26/06, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Aug 26,  4:29am, nik wrote:
}
} 1. shift+tabbing to cycle in reverse order, i.e some sort of reverse
} tabbing.

Most terminal emulators cannot distinguish shift+tab from tab on input,
so you have to work out for yourself how to get shift+tab to send a
recognizable key sequence if you want to use that.  Alt+tab is also
a possibility, but that's often trapped by the window manager.  So I
personally simply use escape followed by tab.

        bindkey "^[^I" reverse-menu-complete

I've set up X to send "ISO_Left_Tab" when i press shift+tab, which
lets me use "^[[Z" as reverse-menu-complete.

} 2. Some shortcut to delete till the last punctuation mark.

There are several options for this:

(1) Change the value of the WORDCHARS variable.

(2) Use the select-word-style suite that comes with recent zsh, e.g.:

    autoload -U select-word-style
    select-word-style bash

(3) Rebind ^W to use vi-backward-kill-word.

Details of all of these can be found in the documentation.

I probably got this from the ml at some point, but this works nicely
http://mikachu.ath.cx/slask/dot-delete-to
Feel free to inline it in a reply if you want to archive it, but i
don't trust gmail to send it correctly.

--
Mikael Magnusson