Re: Feature-request

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Aug 26,  4:29am, nik wrote:
> }
> } 1. shift+tabbing to cycle in reverse order, i.e some sort of reverse
> } tabbing.
>
> Most terminal emulators cannot distinguish shift+tab from tab on input,
> so you have to work out for yourself how to get shift+tab to send a
> recognizable key sequence if you want to use that.  Alt+tab is also
> a possibility, but that's often trapped by the window manager.  So I
> personally simply use escape followed by tab.
>
> 	bindkey "^[^I" reverse-menu-complete

At least with gnome-terminal and putty,

bindkey "^[[Z" reverse-menu-complete

makes shift+tab cycle in reverse order. The inverse binding I'd like is
shift+control+r to history-incremental-search-forward to complement
control+r for history-incremental-search-backward, although I did find out
^S (although it's currently used for XOFF) and ^Xs are bound to it.

James Andrewartha