(Revisited): zsh + less == hard hang of tty.

Hi all,

I am not having much luck with Google doing a search for
zsh, less, and 'hung'/'hang' - perhaps you all can help me out.

I am seeing a nasty problem that I saw several years ago. I was
thinking it was fixed, but am seeing it again.

I'm running zsh 4.2.5 and less 394 (3.9.4?) on a Fedora core5 system.

Here's the problem - it happens exactly like it did several years ago.

When in zsh, if I do: less <some_file>, the terminal HARD HANGS.
No control signals are interpreted from the keyboard. If I'm ssh'ed
in, I have to kill the session. If I'm in one of screen's windows, I have
to kill the window with CTRL-A SHFT-K. If I'm on console on one of the
tty's, I have to log in from another source and kill the less process.

It's been a long time since I've submitted a bug on something. Please
remind me what other info I can provide to be helpful. If so desired,
I can try and strace it.

Also, note that doing: cat <some_file> | less works FINE.

Back in the day, I could swear I remember someone seeing something
weird in zsh code pertaining to behavior in a zsh instance that had
been operating for more than 250 days, but in this case, I just turned
on the machine.

Let me know what the next steps are to fixing this nasty business.

Thanks!
- Larry Schrof