Re: logout from interactive subshell

Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3 wrote:
Does someone know how to deal with the following situation?

Very often I do the following pattern:

   (1) rlogin to a foreign host
   (2) Invoke a subshell (for example because I'm setting a Clearcase
View)
   (3) Logout from the host

Step (3) needs two steps: First I have to type 'exit' to leave the
subshell,
and then either 'exit' or 'logout' to leave the login shell.

Is it possible to automate this in such a way that I have to type only
one command, to leave all subshells (in this case, only 1, but in
general, I might be several subshells deep) AND then logout?

What about in your login (.bash_profile, etc) exporting a variable, say ROOT_PID=$$ and having a command/function/alias 'kill -s SIGHUP $ROOT_PID'? This is equivalent to killing the rlogin connection, but should clean up nicely if all you have are shells.

--
Matthew
"I don't question your existence -- God" (seen on a church billboard)