Re: About insert-last-word and "command args | less"

On 2006-10-15 11:49:43 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Maybe what you really want here is not smart-insert-last-word, but a
> variant of _history_complete_word that considers only the rightmost
> "interesting" word of each command in the history?

Perhaps (not sure if smart-insert-last-word was supposed to do that).

Also, I've seen another bug in smart-insert-last-word: When I recall
a previous history line, e.g. with up-line-or-history or with
history-incremental-search-backward, then kill the last word and use
insert-last-word, instead of getting the last word of the lastest
history line, I get the last word of the history line that was
entered just before the recalled history line.