Case insensitive completion problems with cygwin

Title: Case insensitive completion problems with cygwin

[Im using zsh 4.3.2 on Windows 2003 with cygwin]

If I run `zsh -f' file completion works as expected in all the following:

$ ls /c/<TAB>

$ ls /C/<TAB>

$ ls c:/<TAB>

$ ls C:/<TAB>

However, after running the following:

  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}'

  autoload -U compinit

  compinit -C

$ ls /c/<TAB>   # fails - no completions are listed

$ ls /C/<TAB>   # works as expected

$ ls c:/<TAB>   # fails - no completions are listed

$ ls C:/<TAB>   # works as expected

I've found I can work around the problem by adding a '' to the above matcher-list, namely:

  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list '' 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}'

However, this isn't really the behavior I'd like as the following will no longer

automatically complete both uppercase and lowercase matches. So if I now type

the following:

$ ls /c/p<TAB>

.. it will no longer list "/c/Program\ Files" as one of the completion matches,

and I have to manually hit backspace and change to an uppercase "P".

So, if I revert to the original matcher-list and try messing with fake-files:

  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}'

  zstyle ':completion:*' fake-files '/:c g h l r w z'

.. I then get the desired behavior where the following lists all files

beginning with 'p' or 'P':

$ ls /c/p<TAB>

However, now the following no longer works:

$ ls c:/<TAB>  # fails - no completions are listed

Is there a way to get true case-insensitive completion working for both /c/ and

c:/ as a prefix?

Thanks,

    --- John