Re: sched behaviour: execute only after <return>

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:27:44 +0100
holger.dinkel@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  > sched +0:01 date +%R
>
> should wait one minute and then print the current date. As long as i
> don't use the shell, i don't get a feedback (no output from 'date'). I
> have f.i. to press <enter>. This is perfectly fine for me.

This is fixed in the latest (unreleased) version of the shell.
Your second problem is basically the same thing: the command
is only executed at the point where you hit return, too.

Note that even in the fixed version the shell must be inactive
for the scheduled event to happen; if there's some foreground
event it will block it.